President Trump has decided on his running mate for 2020. It should surprise no one that he has decided to stick with what works, and that Mike Pence will once again be holding up the bottom of the ticket, assuming that Trump is the Republican nominee – which more than likely will be the case.
Speaking to reporters in New Jersey before boarding Air Force One last week, the President said, “I think Mike Pence has been an outstanding VP. I think that he has been incredible in terms of the love that a lot of people, especially if you look at the evangelicals and so many the others, they really have a great respect for the vice president, and so do I. And so do I think most people.”
Trump also said that while other names had been floated to replace Pence on the ticket, he had no plans to abandon his Vice President.
“A lot of the people, amazingly, they bring different names up and they brought a lot of different names,” Trump said. “That’s, by the way, standard. That’s standard. Everybody thought that President Obama was going to change Biden. They thought in the second term he was going to change that. Everybody thought that, but he didn’t do that. But no, I’m very happy with Mike Pence.”
As the incumbent, Trump is likely to be the Republican nominee for the presidency in 2020. Democrats are still vying for their party’s nomination to challenge him.
Trump May Need the Historically Strong Ticket
Trump may not want to break-up a successful team, especially in light of a recent Fox News poll that had him doing poorly against most of the top-tier candidates on the Democratic side.
On Sunday, Trump told reporters that he wasn’t “happy” with the Fox News poll, saying he doesn’t believe the results.
“Fox has changed,” Trump said. “My worst polls have always been from Fox.