Attacks from the Left

Trump Supporter Beaten for Wearing MAGA Hat

Oh the ever so tolerant left! Once again, a Trump supporter has been beaten, apparently merely for proudly wearing a MAGA Hat.

Portland police say a man and woman were arrested early on the morning of August 24 for assault, and the man who was attacked says it’s all because he was wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat.

YOU MIGHT LIKE

At around 12:50 a.m., officers responded to the report of a disturbance at the Growler’s Taproom, located in the 3300 blocks of Southeast Hawthorne Boulevard. Upon arriving on the scene, officers located Luke Lenzner, who had injuries to his face.

As reported by local TV affiliate, FOX 12, Lenzner told the officers that he and his wife were out on a date night. He said right when they got there, they were attacked outside the patio by people upset about the hat.

“I got mobbed by everybody that was in that bar outside. People came from the inside out – just circled me and my wife,” Lenzner told Fox 12.

Security camera footage provided by the bar shows the couple did try and make their way in, but it doesn’t appear to be very busy. In fact, bar staff says they were already done serving for the night and that they told the couple they were closing.

Lenzner attests that things escalated between people outside the bar. That’s when police say 22-year-old Leopold A. Hauser and 23-year-old Adebisi A. Okuneye assaulted Lenzner and his wife.

“I Was Sucker Punched”

“[They were] surrounding me, like literally surrounding me, pushing me. I’m just trying to get through, trying to stop the person from hitting me, from taking my hat, and then I get sucker-punched,” Lenzner told FOX 12.

Hauser and Okuneye had left before police arrived, but Lenzner was able to give them a license plate number. The suspects were arrested a few blocks away.

Both Hauser and Okuneye were booked into the Multnomah County Detention Center on charges of third-degree assault. They were arraigned the following Monday.

Witnesses, including the bartender, say that it appears that Lenzner may have been the one who started the altercation. In security footage, he can be seen pointing to his hat and saying something as he left, and witnesses say that could be what started it all.

Or, could it be that the mere presence of the cap, prompted the vicious attack. It would not be the first time that a MAGA hat or shirt, triggered such an assault.

Categories
Attacks from the Left
29 Comments on this post.
  • Banshee803
    30 August 2019 at 7:31 am

I am a disabled 74 year old Vietnam vet made so by Agent Orange used on us all 51 years ago. I am ambulatory and my wife is not very much so. To the HEROES of the lunatic snowflake left, we are hard targets but this hard target ALWAYS carries concealed and perfectly in compliance with all required laws in my state. Any attackers would have been in Deep excrement because I am also a 1968 TET Offensive survivor of the 199th Light Infantry Brigade and was, under the Geneva Accords,personal assistant to and protection for a Medal of Honor awardee Chaplain for Valor and, having dispatched many other Marxists long ago and far away would do so in a heartbeat if threatened in my own damned country! Morons like these should think twice before mass insanity because they just might run across one like me and after the way we were ALL treated at our “Homecomings,” a bit of justified revenge would salve a lot of wounds still with us. We are law abiding and they are NOT; but, we have the right to defend ourselves and if they make an unwise decision, they WILL be made to pay DEARLY for it, one of these days. Congress has to STOP allowing these attacks on Trump supporters as he, like it or not is a duly elected President and so elected in SPITE of the Obama Administration’s increasingly obvious efforts to suborn the entire elective process as what he was; the unequivocally most UNAMERICAN president to ever defile the office with his presence. period. NONE of these snowflake punks were alive while I was defending this country, Constitution and Rule of Law 12,000 miles from home in 1968 and, I had a degree in GOVERNMENT when I did so which I have had for longer than ANYONE in Congress has been there, including Patrick Leahey of VT who is the longevity leader at 44 years and I’ve got him by 8 years; just not an elected or appointed crook like most in Congress ARE, today!

• Eileen Ross
      30 August 2019 at 9:41 pm

Thank you so much for all you sacrificed. I do agree with all of what you said.

• Ramon
      31 August 2019 at 1:57 am

It’s all instigated by your so-called president

• Linda
      31 August 2019 at 5:32 am

Banshee, thank you for your valuable time serving this great country. I remember the horrid reception the Vets received back in the day, but I was not one of them that dishonored our military. May God bless and continue to protect you.

• glen
      31 August 2019 at 3:41 pm

chu lai usmc 1966 im with you brother ,oregon

• 2004done
      31 August 2019 at 4:51 pm

Banshee803: I could only hope to be on your jury, to try to convince other jurors what the Constitution means, despite a probable, blue-state (for me), instruction to jury to ignore any self-defense aspect. I KNOW you’ve considered the results of “receiving treatment” for the leftist’s treatment you received. and I applaud your choice. Any treatment is best gotten at VFW, DAV, AmLgn, AmVets, meetings, NOT the same leftists-given-MSW-degrees-from-university-trained-leftists-that-treated-you-like-dirt-upon-your-return-decades-ago, but it sounds like you’ve STILL got YOUR head screwed on straight, Thank You from an AirForce Vet

• James HOWARD
      1 September 2019 at 1:05 am

This will be the leftist lies & hate rhetoric as always. The same Stalinist strategy & tactics. The same HOAX & HATE psycho-narcissist SPIN game.
      Just like the pre-WW2 Antifa, owned & operated by Joseph Stalin, this is a commie-fascist operation set on dominating a city’s streets, inciting riots & causing escalation of violence against passing motorists, independent reporters & cameras and otherwise peaceful marchers-demonstrators & street speakers that are pro-American & are easy targets. They fly commie flags. They are paid-professional terrorists. They are what they look like & sound like – a truly demonic-psychotic mob of fascist bullies. They are there to get their flat-footed targets to fight them so the HOAX “news” can edit reports to show “white supremist” violence. This diverts attention from the real issues of the day & brings false issues into play such as gun grabbing & racist Trump.
      For real news go to OANN (One America News Network).
      Also: THE EPOCH TIMES, Truth & Tradition. Dedicated legitimate legal Xtian immigrant patriots who escaped commie China & know they are finished unless they continue to fight the commie HORROR regardless of consequences.
      To remove the blinders & psycho propaganda MASK Read:
      TIPPING POINTS: How to Topple the Left’s House of Cards. LIZ WHEELER (OAN Commentator).
      MAKING LOVE GREAT AGAIN: The New Road to Reviving Romance & Winning at Relationships. DEANNA LORRAINE.
      JIHADIST PSYCHOPATH: How Hw Is Charming, Seducing & Devouring Us. JAMIE GLAZOV.
      THE HISTORY OF JIHAD, From Mohammed to ISIS. ROBERT SPENCER.
      TAKE NO PRISONERS: The Battle Plan for Defeating the Left. DAVID HOROW9ITZ.

• Ron
      2 September 2019 at 7:32 am

Bravo! I’ll be alongside helping you in that fight.

• Janet
    30 August 2019 at 4:28 pm

These attacks have to stop and when they occur, they need to carry the additional charge of a Hate Crime. It is no different than other times that the Hate Crime is used…like attacks on LBGTQ people. These criminals also need to attend Civics classes as a part of their probation so that they learn that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and to express themselves. Until we crack down and stop letting them off with little or no jail time, it is not going to stop. Unfortunately, Congress is not going to pass a Federal Law that designates attacks on people with a different political views as a Hate Crime because Liberals enjoy blaming Conservatives (who are not normally violent). If you look at all the gun violence, you will find that all of them have been committed by Democrats/Liberals and has been fueled by the Democrat/Liberal doctrine.

• glen
      31 August 2019 at 3:49 pm

sorry janet i carry all the time i feel the same way as you.

• Gene
    30 August 2019 at 7:35 pm

This guy should thank MAXINE Waters and all of the leftists that continually call for violence against Trump supporters. The fact that she continually does this and people are getting hurt,makes her somewhat responsible .Charges and or a lawsuit should be filed against MAXINE Waters,not to mention her Contemptuous behavior unbecoming for a Congress woman

• Barbara
    30 August 2019 at 7:39 pm

This kind of action for the left can no longer be tolerated. These idiot people need to be sent to jail and set their and stew about the childess actions. and then get a fine for assault and battery. If a person wants to wear a maga hat so what it like the same thing wearing a colts hat or a steelers hat. To the idiots get your head out of your a-s-s and grow up. Your showing a bad example to any kid who see’s you doing this kind of assault on someone. Your acting like a bunch of lunatics, with no common sense.

• SmOkin joe
    30 August 2019 at 7:52 pm

Thank you for your service.

• Greg
    30 August 2019 at 10:25 pm

I certainly wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for PORTLAND to do the right thing, but it’s time that this recurring assault be prosecuted as a felony hate crime. I am waiting for the report of somebody prosecuting a self defense severe ass whipping on just one of these assholes, leaving them unconcious and bleeding. I have had enough of these pricks getting a pass on this crap!

• Carolyn
    30 August 2019 at 11:01 pm

The Democrats, left radicals, anti-Americans have become animals. Personally, I like to see the earth open up and they all drop into the abyss. The Dem party and its minions have become so radical that they are worthless.

• Ronnie
    31 August 2019 at 12:20 am

Do that to me ! I dare you !

• brenda
    31 August 2019 at 1:33 am

Thank for your service.

• Paul Fishman
    31 August 2019 at 12:09 pm

This is now the age of the uneducated violent leftists. They have greatly changed since the early 1970’s when their standards were much higher. Since then, they have tanked and anything goes.

• rufusvondufus
    31 August 2019 at 1:13 pm

In reply to Banshee, you would then be considered the attacker and quickly found guilty by some Obama appointed dipshit judge appointed for that express purpose. Our counry has gone to hell thanks to that creep from Africa!

• Bruce
      1 September 2019 at 6:27 am

Those that conceal carry only have to remember…… If you feel your life is in danger, you have the right to use lethal force to protect yourself.

• Gregory Crawford
    31 August 2019 at 1:22 pm

So the Tolerant Left isn’t so damn Tolerant when the issues don’t conform to their viewpoints. OK THEN!! It’s now time, actually way past time for the Patriotic Right to STAND!! TO STAND AND FIGHT!! TIT FOR TAT! VIOLENCE FOR VIOLENCE! An Eye For An Eye, and A Tooth For A Tooth!!

• Ann
    31 August 2019 at 2:40 pm

The liberals have shown time and again their insane actions…….They are into killing, raping, robbing and now want to destroy the US and do big time damage to the US LEGAL CITIZENS…

• Thomas D. Miller
    31 August 2019 at 10:37 pm

tadeus610@comcast.net
    These attacks are provoked by the leftist Democratic Party.
    Maxine Waters has told her constituents to protest against Trump and his supporters. No one in the Democratic Party has condemned these attacks. I am a conservative white American patriot who loves my country, the Constitution, the American Flag 🇺🇸, the National Anthem, our Bill of Rights, our courageous Troops, Veterans, First Responders and all American patriots. I love all Americans. I support our duly elected President!
    Trump 2020! I am wearing my Trump 2020 cap! I am proud to say Trump, even with the obstruction of the Demonic Democratic Party, has done great things for our country! I detest the leftist news media and all leftist newspapers. I don’t watch TV or read fake news from many newspapers!
    God bless America!
    God bless President Trump!
    God bless all American patriots!

• Bruce
    1 September 2019 at 6:21 am

• John
    1 September 2019 at 1:50 pm

I agree there is no reason to assault or murder anyone for their political views, religious beliefs, mental illness, economic status, sexual orientation national origin or race. So, my question is, why has violence been used to the extreme by the far right. If someone does not buy into the far right views you are a traitor, an invader a deviant or a heretic. Sites like this and ones by Russia gin up hate. This is not the country i grew up in and i am disgusted.

• George
    1 September 2019 at 7:19 pm

IT IS HARD FOR ME TO PHANTOM ANYONE NOT CARRYING A WEAPON ON THEM IN THIS DAY AND AGE OF THE HATE FILLED SCUM LIBERAL PUKES. THEY ARE REALL BAD ASSES WHEN THEY HAVE YOU OUTNUMBERED. EVEN THE SCORE AND THE EVIL RATS CRAWL BACK INTO THEIR FILTHY HOLE. CARRY A WEAPON PEOPLE. I REPEAT, CARRY A WEAPON.

• Wildstar
    3 September 2019 at 5:41 pm

It just exemplifies the immature schoolyard mentality of the leftist supporters. If someone disagrees with your views, and you do not have any reasonable or intelligent reply or response, You just gang up on them and beat them up.

I’m a big guy, 6’4 and 275 Lbs, and due to my profession, as well as a few previous incidents, My hands have been legally designated as lethal weapons. I would have dearly loved to have been present when that mob attacked that poor man and his wife.I can guarantee that many of them would have left in ambulances or the coroners van. There is no reason whatsoever that anyone should be physically assaulted because of a piece of clothing. And especially if those assaults are promoted by a radical wanna-be political group.

I wish him a speedy recovery and all the worst to his attackers. May a pox be upon them and their ilk.

• Brady Harness
    15 September 2019 at 6:08 pm

GOD Bless You Lenzner !!!

• David Welch
    16 September 2019 at 3:25 pm

THEY SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH A HATE CRIME AND SPEND THREE TO FIVE YEARS IN PRISON. THIS IS WHY WE TRUMP SUPPORTERS NEED TO BLOW AWAY THE HATERS. TRY THAT WITH ME OR MY FRIENDS WE BLOW U TO HELL RIGHT WHERE U BELONG.