Border Updates

Congressional Candidate Demands 10-Year Moratorium On All Immigration

North Carolina congressional candidate Pete D’Abrosca appeared on Friday evening’s edition of “Tucker Carlson Tonight” to argue that the US should have a ten-year moratorium on all immigration.

D’Abrosca, who’s running in the GOP primary against North Carolina Representative David Rouzer, outlined his vision for zero net immigration during the segment.

YOU MIGHT LIKE

“So, about 200,000 people leave the United States every year,” D’Abrosca told Tucker Carlson. “Bringing in 200,000 legal aliens would be fine, but bottom line, we would like to have no population increase from legal immigration.”

“Oh, you’re not allowed to say that,” Carlson replied, before adding “because the left controls the terms that the right uses, as you know, and you’re allowed to say under duress that you’re against illegal immigration, but you’re never allowed to say that there should be some absolute cap.”

“Well, those are the old party rules, Tucker,” D’Abrosca continued. “There’s a new Republican party in town and it’s people like myself who are younger, and less controlled by the Conservative Inc. crowd and the political elites.”

“We understand the game, and we understand that the Chamber of Commerce has bought and paid for our Congresspeople,” D’Abrosca went on, “and we understand that it has bought and paid for organizations like Turning Point USA and media outlets like the Daily Wire, for example, who are not meaningfully conservative in any way and can never be trusted to conserve anything.”

“I mean, tell me what your rationale is, though,” Carlson said. “I mean, they are going to attack you, probably, on a bunch of different levels for saying this. Why should people agree with your idea?”

The North Carolina congressional candidate went on to explain the detrimental effects that importing close to one million legal immigrants each year has had one the working and middle classes of this country via wage suppression.

“Even Republicans, supposed conservatives, are lobbying right now to increase high skilled tech visas,” D’Abrosca noted.

“Now, imagine being an ordinary American and going to college with the idea that there’s upward mobility in society, that you’re going to improve your life by going to college and taking on $100,000+ in student debt, and you get out of college and you’re competing with a foreigner for a computer engineering job.”

“But that’s the free market, we’re told [by the GOP establishment],” Carlson retorted sarcastically.

D’Abrosca then aptly replied, “the free market capitalism of Wall Street is much different than the free market capitalism of Main Street.”

Categories
Border Updates
10 Comments on this post.
  • Fred
    12 December 2019 at 4:26 pm

I would vote for him if I lived in NC. The people who are coming here should stay where they are, and make life better there.

• allan enkin
    12 December 2019 at 5:09 pm

Stopping illegal immigration including legal immigration is a non=starter. As the American economy grows so does the demand for labor and the present growth of the labor market is dependent on education and market skills of immigrants as well Americans.

• lou
      12 December 2019 at 10:00 pm

you will think that until an immigrant gets a job you would normally get.

• BwaHa
    12 December 2019 at 6:38 pm

Heck, I have a very good friend who lives in North Carolina! I’m calling him and telling him to “get ‘r done” re: getting this guy in there! We need more like him. IMHO

• Amarllis Hazlip
    12 December 2019 at 8:20 pm

Well, I am not a YOUNG REPUBLICAN but I total agree with D’Abrosca. I am sick and tired of people coming here and taking jobs from US citizens. Notice I said citizens, not green cards, etc. I have no problem if people come in legally but we have opened our doors TOO wide. We have to stop somewhere and it needs to be now. We need to clean house of illegals, overdue visa holders, students who have overstayed. Recently the murders of our military flight trainees should stop us from allowing students from foreign countries to train at our flight schools. I make no apology for how I feel. We are losing our country because the gates are open TOO WIDE as I stated before.

• lou
    12 December 2019 at 9:55 pm

as long as the House is in control of the democrats the country is at their mercy. If they want millions to get in for votes then so be it.

• Edward Demiraiakian
    13 December 2019 at 2:42 am

As long as there is poverty in America, we should not import any more impoverished people. When all the people are working, then if we need more, we’ll just have to automate.

• Shelba
    13 December 2019 at 3:44 am

D’Abrosca is making sense and he is talking to the people that are in agreement with him, bringing in tech people that are in competition with our American students is just crazy hope he wins in North Carolina, if I lived in that state I would absolutely vote for him, and hope his idea would spark some common sense with other in congress

• Gary Hull
    13 December 2019 at 11:08 pm

While 10 years seems much we definitely need a moratorium just to process

• Martin Zuniga
    18 December 2019 at 1:35 am

Good idea, and do not forget to deport the 50 million plus criminal invaders that impoverish the Americans and legal immigrants.